The history of Ridge Elementary School, which is located in the Three Chopt Division, dates back to 1878. Originally the school met in the “Ridge Meeting House” which was also used as a Baptist church, located near the intersection of Quioccasin and Three Chopt Roads. By 1883, Ridge Elementary had moved to a more permanent and independent location fronting Quioccasin Road just south of the church. This one room schoolhouse was occupied until it burned down in 1903. In 1907, the school was enlarged with a two story, four-room addition that was necessitated by the expanding of the school to include students through the ninth grade. By 1913, Ridge had returned to an elementary school. In 1929, a new brick schoolhouse with four classrooms, an office, library, central heat and indoor bathrooms was constructed on this site.